Thursday, April 14, 2005

Going to Oxford

One of my friends here at work is moving to Vancouver in a few weeks and wanted to go home to visit his parents before he left. He's offered for me to drive in with him and crash on his parent’s sofa this weekend so I get to have a tour of Oxfordshire from a native! Going to see Warwick Castle, Blenheim Palace and Leeds Castle not to mention a little place that just happens to be the oldest English-speaking university in the world. I may be a bit sick of centuries old architecture. Janelle is back in America for a few weeks, so we went out last night to the oldest wine bar in London. Small and dank and crowded and fabulous. You buy your wine at the bar by the glass or the bottle and then you go over to the food counter. We bought a collection of cheese, bread and olives and because the gods smiled on us we managed to score a table. It is on my list of favorite (or should I type favourite) places ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home