Friday, May 20, 2005

Aaron and Gina arrive soon

serta lamb
serta lamb,
originally uploaded by nicdthomas.
My friends Aaron and his sister Gina arrive tomorrow for a week long visit and I am so terribly excited. I've been friends with Aaron since college (Uni for my UK readers) which means we have been buddies for a really, really long time. Sixteen years. Christ I'm getting old.

On the subject of old, a lot of people in the office are shocked that I am nearly 35. The median age here is mid twenties. I look like I am in my 30's (which is fine by me) but I think the shock comes from people here don't age that well. Maybe because they have been in the pub smoking since they were fifteen. I dunno.

Anyway. . . Aaron and Gina are coming and we will be doing a lot of the touristy things that I haven't had a chance to do yet.

We will also be taking a lot of Sleepy Lamb photos.

The people that know me, know that I have hanging in my bathroom my degrees from college and two rounds of graduate school (it's just a fancy way of saying I have 90K debt from student loans).

I also have pictures of a serta sleep lamb stuffed animal gallivanting about the town in Seattle, Portland and Ketchum Idaho. (Think of the gnome from Amelie)

It all started Labor Day 2001 at the Bumbershoot music festival in Seattle. Aaron and I got the idea to take pictures of sleepy lamb on the bus, near the Space Needle, watching Rusted Root. Every time we do a trip together Sleepy Lamb comes along.

So there will be photos of Sleepy Lamb at the London Eye, The Tower of London, getting pissed in a pub. . .

2 Comments:

At 5/20/2005 06:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as the aging goes its all in the genes - your mother's side that is. Just look at Cocos & Papa and of course there is me.
Give my love to Aaron.
Mom

 
At 5/31/2005 06:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always knew I was adopted. This old aunt is getting older by the second!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home