Thursday, May 12, 2005

I love Paris in the Springtime. . .

One thing is for certain, I will be finding the time to go back. The office has amazing Oh, Mon Dieu! panoramic views of the city. When I stepped around the corner of the hallway and got my first glance of the Eiffel Tower, tears sprang into my eyes. Beyond lame. I did take pictures so I will post soon. The people in both the Munich and Paris office blew me away with their hospitality. When they took me to lunch, the apologized that it was not a proper French lunch in terms of the time. An hour and a half later. . . After work we went out for a drink at a bar nearby then Hervé, Gonzague and Nora took it upon themselves to show me a bit of Paris so we walked to the Louvre and then found a little bistro where I had a croque madame and many glasses of red wine were consumed. Lovely evening. Nora was very sweet and said that she liked my accent when I spoke French, which trust me, is un peu. Learned an interesting thing there. I often heard "oui" pronounced 'way' rather than 'wee'. So I asked about it and they said that saying 'way' is akin to saying 'yeah' rather than 'yes'. It was nice to come back home to London though. Funny that I call it home, although I am getting really sick of wearing my winter coat in May. I know I have been spoiled by west coast weather for most of my life and I have no room to complain. Crazy stuff on the personal side of things. I have been hanging out a lot with my friend Stuart which is madness since he was immigrating to Canada. But he has decided to stay in London. And he has asked me to marry him. And I have said yes. And I will be moving to London permanently in the next few months. Madness. But it is delicious.

6 Comments:

At 5/12/2005 04:25:00 PM, Anonymous Ophelia said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REALLY?!

Or are you just pulling my baby-addled brain?!!


CONGRATS!!!!!!

When are you going to give me grandchildren?

 
At 5/12/2005 04:50:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

LOL- really sweetie. E-mail me at work nicole@(you know the name of the company)

I don't have e-mail at my flat so I dont have your details here.

Kisses
Nicole

 
At 5/12/2005 05:11:00 PM, Blogger Noelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS Nicole!

I am so excited for you! Word started spreading on the floor in Pasadena @ work (you know the name of the company)

:-)

Three cheers!
pls keep us posted! I want pictures of Stuart!

 
At 5/12/2005 06:52:00 PM, Blogger Stu. said...

My fiance is a babe.. :)

 
At 5/12/2005 09:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY SCHMOLY!

OMG! Wow Nicole! I'm so happy for you!

-Brian A

 
At 5/13/2005 07:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you so. All the best to you both. I hope the cats like him.

Jon A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home