Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Closing Down Shop

Just had a meeting with my boss here and he wrote me an effusive letter of recommendation. So lovely and completely unexpected. The team here is really fabulous and I will miss working with them. Tonight anyone that would like to join us for my leaving do can join us at All Bar One around the corner and then at 7:00PM (or 19:00 as they would say here) my team is off to The Lowlander because I have an urge to drink beer made by Trappist Monks. I told Bill that under no circumstances are they to have one of the company leaving do speeches things they do here. They send out an e-mail, the company gathers around, someone says a speech about how great the person was and how much they will miss them and they give the person a gift. Then the person that is leaving gives a speech about how great everyone is and how much they will miss everyone. Then everyone shuffles back to their desk muttering, "Who was that?" I begged him to not do that to me.

3 Comments:

At 6/30/2005 11:16:00 PM, Anonymous Ophelia said...

So did you get the project management job? Is it still with Goto?

Congrats!

 
At 7/01/2005 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I dunno. Met with him today briefly. He will be in Pas in a few weeks and we will have a proper interview. I think I might just leave the rat race altogether and go work in a book store.

 
At 7/04/2005 08:46:00 AM, Anonymous ophelia said...

are you back in the US? I thought you weren't coming abck except for your wedding. Bloody hell, now I'm confused.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home