Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Ed Harcourt and Patty Smith

IMG_1587
IMG_1587,
originally uploaded by nicdthomas.
Saw Ed Harcourt and The Brian Jonestown Massacre Saturday night with Janelle at the opening night of the Meltdown Festival at the Royal Festival Hall.

Ed Harcourt put on a fan-flippen-tastic show and I was sad that he was only opening. For those of you that are KCRW fans, yes he is Nick Harcourt's brother.

Brian Jonestown I didn't dig as much. Was fun, watching the drummer was a religious experience but every song sounded the same to me. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it. . .and I think the lead singer is a bit of a wanker.

Ton of amazing things happening in the music series. Bummed that I already have plans this Friday so I will miss Rachid Tacha. Tékitoi is one of my favorite albums this year.

But the thing that I am pissed off that I don't have tickets for is the night Patty Smith will be performing Horses-- The whole flippen thing. . . AND performing with John Cale, Flea, members of The Ex and Nick Franglen of Lemon Jelly.

I'm not into that kind of music as much as some of my friends are, but even I am gnashing my teeth at missing that concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home