Thursday, June 23, 2005

It’s Bloody Hot

Arrrrrrr ye Matey!
Arrrrrrr ye Matey!,
originally uploaded by nicdthomas.
Going into my last weekend here and I am melting- MELTING! It was been so warm and humid. Gasp. I guess I got what I asked for a few weeks ago when I was whining about wearing my winter coat.

To make it worse, the aircon has been out all week at work. They have been bribing us with ice cream hoping that we won’t revolt. (The ice cream names are different here too. Popsicles are ice lollies and cones are cornets)

Apparently there are laws on the books to protect workers from adverse temperatures in the workplace. Problem is those rules apply to cold weather. Nobody thought it would get hot enough here for it to be an issue.

Today Richard, Head honcho of the Department stood up and said, “It’s too fucking hot to work. Let’s go to the pub.”

Last weekend we hung out in Hyde Park for a few hours and flew a kite that I bought at the kite store. Amazing how parks explode with people when the weather gets nice.

I’m rather booked up this weekend. Tomorrow I am watching Moulin Rouge at a outdoor screening with Janelle. Saturday we are taking a river cruise up to Greenwich to look at the time then in the evening dinner at a Spanish restaurant that has a flamenco show. Sunday, Avi is having a dinner party.

I am really looking forward to getting home and being back in my space. I am also looking forward to going on a major diet and getting back into working out. I have easily gained 15 pounds since I have been here. Not good! It’s been a three month vacation really in that I have given myself permission to eat and drink what I want.

I suppose I should be pleased I still fit in any of my clothes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home