Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Evil movers from hell

I stayed up to 3:30 AM yesterday finishing my additions to the Great Tower of Crap. Movers were supposed to be here at 10:00 so I woke up at 7:00 so I could throw out a bunch of trash that you always discover that you have when you open the closets where you stuff the Christmas decorations. My plan was to go back to bed after they left. 1:30 still no movers. I call and they changed the time on me to 3-5. Fine. Whatever. Bastards. Sleep is for the week. It is now after 6PM no mover guys. My contact at Southern Wind said this company has never bailed on him before and if they don't show up they will knock some money off my quote and he will sort it that they come on a Saturday. I don't have a lot of vacation time to take and sit on my ass and get nothing flippen done. Anyhoo. I am relaxing on the sofa watching Being There, one of my favorite flicks. I have Thai food from Sanamluang. It will all work out. Eventually.

2 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 05:03:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Hiya Nicole!

I found your blog through ex-pat blogs and just had to read the whole thing. Very entertaining blog!

I was in a similar situation 3 years ago. I moved to Greece (from Nashville, TN) to marry a Greek doctor. I, too, had stacks of my crap in my living room, and "fun" times with the movers. Just wait til you see how long it takes your shipment to get there! (mine shipped in August, arrived in November, they never told me it would be so long)

I, too, had 3 cats, and I decided to bring them with me. So far, I don't really regret it, but it has been a bit of a stress with having to move every year and hoping the new landlords won't kick us out for having cats. Still, making the decision to adopt them out might have been a more sane one, if I had even considered it for a moment.

Your post about the grumpy folks who think this might not work out for you, well, tell them to shove it. =p These are the relationships that DO work out, these are the things dreams are made of. I wish you lots of happiness with your new life and a relatively stress free move. And I look forward to reading more about your experiences!

-mel

 
At 8/16/2005 05:12:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Mel,
Thank you so much for reading and your kind comments! I look forward to reading your blog.

Best,
Nicole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home