Thursday, August 25, 2005

Lack of Accountability

Woman: How do you write women so well? Melvin: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability. -Jack in As Good As it Gets I am wildly stressed out. I have the complexion of a teenager. I was absolutely fine then between hormones, crap I have been eating and high stress. . . I am going to be a fat pimply bride. Stuart will take one look at my fat ass and blotchy face and he will say. “Well. Now that I think of it, this doesn’t seem such a good idea.” I got a facial yesterday so hopefully it will clear up. The esthetician had this adorable Yorkshire accent. She kept calling me "Love." I used to get massages from a woman that got feelings about things. She would read your aura and base the essential oils she used on you on what she sensed you needed. I always felt like she could read my mind, which made the massage a more stressful experience that it should have been. Once she said, "I get the sense that you are really hard on yourself." This made me a little uncomfortable because I knew she was right but I retorted, "Isn't everyone?" "Yeah, but I get the sense that you are really hard on yourself." I think the world would be a better place if more people were hard on themselves. If more people were accountable for their corner of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home