Monday, August 15, 2005

My apologies to Cleveland

I found out that as a joke, Stuart is telling people at his new work that I am from Cleveland. “Cleveland? You said I was from Cleveland? That is a terrible place to be from!” “I know! That is what everyone says.” My fiancé and his perverse sense of humor. Being from Vegas is bad enough. I say this having never been to Cleveland because I knew people who were from Cleveland and I am basing my assessment on their word. I did find a blog entry talking about all the cool things there so what the hell do I know. Maybe I should embrace my new Midwestern status and continue the ruse. All I can say is at least I wasn’t born in Slough like some people I know. I need to finish up my packing tonight. My flight home was delayed an hour and a half so I have a lot to do before the movers come tomorrow. I’m blasting (as much as you can blast at 11:30 at night) a new CD that came in the mail yesterday from KCRW for being an angel. (Donation level) It’s my new favorite --Free The Bees by The Bees. The Bees and The Zutons, Who Killed The Zutons are my favorite albums this year. How funny that they are both from the UK. I am sad to be home. It was too short a visit.

2 Comments:

At 8/15/2005 06:00:00 PM, Blogger Stu. said...

Correction I tell everyone she's from Cleveland.. In fact my parents think she's from Cleveland, but moved to Vegas as a teen. Lifes a bitch huh.

 
At 8/15/2005 08:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ma God! Nicole is a 5th generation Califorian! 4th generation born in Ventura County... CALIFORNIA!!!
WV is right next to Ohio and Gary has family in the Cedar Point Area. Now if you're dying move to Cleveland it will seem like forever.
Now Dear SIL Calif. !!!!
Make Mil happy
Marilyn - the MOTHER

 

Post a Comment

<< Home