Saturday, August 13, 2005

Stuart Screwed Up

One of Stuart's little phrases to me that is a running joke is, "So you screwed up." He'll throw it in when I am telling a story or whenever. I usually have NOT screwed up. Today he screwed up. He called me Friday afternoon (Friday evening his time) to check the British Airways site for info about his flight. Has it been cancelled, etc. The friend he is staying with until our flat is ready lives out in BFE zone 6 and she doesn't have Internet access. The wireless network he was drafting on had gotten wise so he was shut off to the world. He called me a couple of times in the afternoon and each time was progressively more lashed. I asked him if he had set his alarm and he said he did. The plan was that he was going to call me at 6:00AM (10:00 PM for me) and I would check BA to see if the trip was a go. 10:00 PM. No Stu. I call him at 10:15. The phone rang and then went to a busy signal. I finally woke him up at 11:20. He had fallen asleep (passed out more like it) in his clothes and was still rather lashed. He's on a train now into London and he is going to catch the Heathrow Express. Crossing fingers that the Web site isn't wrong and the flight is still on and if it is still on, that he gets there in time to not get bumped. I'm kinda amused by the whole thing. My mood will change rather abruptly if he doesn't get on the plane. If he does get on the plane I hope that he brushes his teeth between now and when I see him.

2 Comments:

At 8/13/2005 09:36:00 AM, Blogger neil h said...

Oh my - he's going to have the mother of all hangovers after a trip like that. Alternatively he could just stay drunk the whole time and avoid jetlag by not noticing that he has travelled half way round the world ... :-)

 
At 8/13/2005 09:58:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

LOL I know. I think he is following the stay drunk theory has he went to the bar before he went to the gate. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home