Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Amanda Foundation

I adopted Gordon from The Amanda Foundation six years ago. I called them today and left a message asking them for any direction or assistance that they could give me. The woman who called me back was an incredible bitch on wheels. Her subtext was an accusation that I had not done enough to find homes for Gordon and George. She kept insisting that there was no six month quarantine for the UK. When I attempted to explain how the scheme worked she acted like she didn't believe me and when I told her that it would cost thousands of dollars to bring them over which I frankly did not have, her tone became even more churlish. She did say that if I was unable to find a home, they would take Gordon back but not George, which I completely understood. Finally she said that they would post the pictures of my animals on their Web site and that I should send them an e-mail with all of the details. When I asked how to spell her name (Teri) she said, "With a T." This threw me. "I'm sorry. Is that T-E-R-I?" She snorted. "Why you are compulsive aren't you." People who have been reading this for a while know how torn up I am about finding homes for my cats. If one more person says, "why are you doing this?" and acts like this has been an easy decision, I will shave their head. Stuart called me shortly after I had gotten off the phone with the bitch and he wanted her number so he could torture her. I decided to write a terse e-mail instead. I know it will never get read, but it made me feel better. I have included it for your reading pleasure: Teri- I am terribly sorry if I offended you by wanting to know how to correctly spell your name. I am sitting at my desk crying because of the way you spoke to me throughout the entire conversation. While my impending marriage and move to London are exciting, the decision to find homes for my cats was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. You were insensitive and cruel. I especially liked how you wanted me to detail the specific location where I had left fliers and then interrupted me when I tried to answer you. There is a kennel in Las Vegas where my mother lives that had already agreed to take my animals for a fee and I will turn to them if I need to. I was looking to you for any assistance because I know the good work and contacts that your organization has. I did not expect you to take my animals especially given the current population of animals needing homes. I was looking for direction. While I would never tell someone to not go to The Amanda Foundation because it would ultimately hurt the animals, you are an rude and unkind individual and I will be damned if I will take my cat that I initially adopted from The Amanda Foundation six years ago back to you. These are my children. http://photos13.flickr.com/19549566_faff8c4a49_o.jpg http://static.flickr.com/23/31077215_fb2c0f3c8b_o.jpg http://static.flickr.com/22/31077328_7eed5216f0_b.jpg Think about how you talk to people. Guess what. They love animals too. Take me off your mailing list immediately.

3 Comments:

At 9/09/2005 02:39:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

What a bitch. It was all I could do not to send a scathing email to her.

 
At 9/09/2005 02:50:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

LOL- Thank you darling.

If I put myself in her shoes, there are probably people contacting her all the time trying to dump their animals and this is how she just is now.

I still think she needs some social skills and a good slap.

 
At 9/10/2005 05:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are being WAY to kind. I'm hoping that friend of Julie's that is involved with the shelters in Vegas makes a complaint. I agree with Melusina that women is a "B".
You all out there - George& Gordon are adorable! Garbo is doing well. We plan on spoiling her.
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home