Thursday, September 15, 2005

Biz speak

I really love business speak. It is so delicious in a sufficiently vague kind a way. You know some of the usual ones: Think outside the box Sweet spot Push the envelope We'll get the evil do-ers My friend at work who shall remain nameless has a boss that speaks a whole new language of business speak. She called me today with a couple of his quotes. "Stay tight on the product so we don't get feature creep." -I have no clue what this means. The closest guess I have is keep control of the product so we define how it expands, but I don't even really know what that means myself. "We need a rough swag." -I'm guessing he means, "We need a rough draft." I guess. Why didn't he say, we need a rough draft. Maybe a rough swag has more bows on it than a rough draft, I dunno. I look forward to more crazy biz speak from this person! My friend will be our reporter.

4 Comments:

At 9/15/2005 12:52:00 PM, Anonymous w7 said...

"Stay tight on the product so we don't get feature creep."

I think it means to take firm control over a new product's specifications, preventing more and more features to creep into unnoticed, but enventually jeopardizing the product and its release date. Very good advise, actually. I am a member of FCVA (Feature Creep Victims Anonymous).

 
At 9/15/2005 04:24:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Wow. This is going way beyond synergy.

 
At 9/15/2005 06:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What we need to do is adjust our product vertical to reflect the contstuct of our current paradigm.

 
At 9/16/2005 03:30:00 PM, Blogger lala said...

Having suffered through years of 'biz speak' - my only piece of advice is to start 'managing your expectations of this guy'.

Basically - the guy's a wanker....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home