Friday, September 16, 2005

Books

I need to be stopped. I simply cannot buy any more books. Last week I bought the new Vonnegut, A Man without a Country and today I made the mistake of walking into Brand Books. I told myself I would just look around. I bought a copy of Bill Bryson's In a Sunburned Country. I had had a copy when it came out but I had given it away as a gift when I was broke. I also bought A Walk in the Woods which I already have a copy of but the dust cover is ripped. I know I am pathetic. I also bought a copy of The World According to Garp. I have always wanted to read John Irving and I haven't gotten around to it. So no more. I will buy no more books. I really mean it this time.

2 Comments:

At 9/17/2005 07:51:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Lol, I made a post about book buying (sort of too!). Its a sickness...

 
At 9/18/2005 08:02:00 PM, Blogger Stu. said...

If anyone reading this is interested we'll be having a huge Garage sale just after Thomas hauls her Cleveland ass over to the UK. Discounts of those that arrive early :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home