Monday, September 12, 2005

Damn, damn, fuck, piss, shit.

The person that Paul was hoping would take one of my cats has decided to adopt a cat from a shelter because it looked like a cat that she used to have. While I am happy for that cat I could just scream. For me, if I knew there was someone in a desperate situation and I wanted to adopt a cat, this would have been a no brainer. . . but I don't know this person, so I should control my wishes that their house develops a termite infestation. I am so stressed out. I'm fine. I cry. It lasts a minute. I wipe my eyes then a few hours later I see a thing on the TV showing a three year old from New Orleans who is separated from his parents-- and then I cry again and feel like a guilty piece of shit that I am feeling stressed about what I am stressed about- because it ultimately will result in my getting to wake each morning next to the man I have fallen in love with. But. . if there is anyone in LA (or hell anywhere on the west coast) reading this that can take one or both of my boys, please e-mail me. travelingtreefrog236@yahoo.co.uk

4 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 07:18:00 AM, Blogger neil h said...

Don't feel guilty Nichole - your problems are yours and yours alone. Their will always be somebody worse off than you, but that doesn't stop the pain and worry that you're feeling. Our hot water boiler is not working again this morning which is a bloody nuisance, but it will get sorted. I'm sure you'll find somebody for your cat, one way or the other.

 
At 9/12/2005 10:09:00 AM, Blogger lala said...

Hey - if I was on the West Coast I'd be happy to help you out, but unfortunately I'm even further away than you'll be...

Great blog - thanks for the link!

 
At 9/12/2005 08:17:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Sorry to hear this Nicole. I really, really hope you can find homes for your two boys, and soon.

And don't go thinking that way - this is very stressful, the cats are important to you, this is your life. These are the things that affect you. You can't measure them against someone else.

 
At 9/12/2005 08:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a last resort if you don’t find a home for them, you can leave them in a carrier together on the porch of either MEOW or PAWS the no kill shelters. No other shelters, only no-kills. And leave their medical history, their names, and their likes and dislikes as well as info about them and yourself and why you are giving them up. You don’t have to leave your name, just general info. But both shelters will take them in, and will keep them until they find them a good home, either together or separately as you wish.

Just a thought. People always call and try to get them to take their cats. They never have room. If you leave em there with notes, etc, they will take them every time. At MEOW someone gets there at about 6am. So leave them there at around 5 and they should be fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home