Thursday, September 22, 2005

I think I need a valium

The shipping company that I used told me to put my shipment in Stuart’s name since I would not be in the UK when it arrived. Stuart called me all in a panic because he can’t fill out the form to get the stuff out of customs because the wording on the form says things like, how long have you been out of the country, etc. He asked me to sort it out to get it back into my name and for me to fill out the form. He then said, “Confirm with me that you have taken care of this.” I know his subtext was, I am worried about this. Can you let me know what happens so I don’t need to worry. The problem is when I hear the word “confirm” in that context, I read the subtext to be, “I am worried about this. And what I am really worried about is that you will screw this up. Please check back with me so I can look over your work to make sure that you didn’t screw up.” I got really snippy. Then I started to cry. Poor Stuart kept saying, “There is no reason to be upset.” Which just made me cry more. I know it will be fine.

4 Comments:

At 9/22/2005 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Stu. said...

Stu has also spent the last 14 days working an confirm things which haven't been done do get done. You get into a mind-set I guess. Thats my defence.

 
At 9/22/2005 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

You just like to make me cry. :)

 
At 9/23/2005 12:52:00 PM, Blogger lala said...

Moving overseas is never easy. Crying helps to release the stress.

Hang in there!

 
At 9/23/2005 04:42:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Moving overseas is a right pain in the arse. I recommend crying daily.

Just be careful with this waiting period, if your stuff has actually arrived, you may be paying hefty daily fees for "storage". Damn bastards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home