Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Jobs

I've taken to looking at jobs under the Arts and Heritage subheading on The Guardian job Web site. I really don't want to do what I am doing now in London. I am certain I could walk into a number of places and get a similar gig, but I am fairly certain that while I would make a decent salary I would want to kill myself and or others. I've been in this business for six years and it was initially a way to pay the bills after I graduated from The American Film Institute. (Yes. I wanted to be a Screenwriter. You pick up a rock in this town and you will find a screenwriter. Now I don't want to be a screenwriter. I want to write fiction which is just as hard to break into for even less pay. . .) I let myself get off the writing track because this gig just takes so much out of you. And, I am really, really lazy. So I have been looking at the Guardian jobs and it is hard because I see things I would like to apply for but I can't because I won't be there until November. I know this is silly, but I have this feeling that the moment I get there, any job that I would want or will be good for will be gone and I will end up in a Kebab shop. . .

3 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 07:34:00 AM, Blogger neil h said...

It's worth starting to apply now, and letting them know when you are moving. With some jobs the shortlisting process can drag on, so you might not get an interview until november in any case. It's also good to get into the habit of sending your cv out and thinking about the sort of job you'd like to do. Good luck!

 
At 9/14/2005 09:03:00 AM, Blogger neil h said...

Oh, and if it doesn't pan out, I'll have extra chilli sauce on mine, please ... ;-)

 
At 9/14/2005 03:27:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

LOL!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home