Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Lots of news. . .

I have gotten a slew of news in the last 24 hours. 1. Jolie can't buy my car. Am disappointed. . . but now I won't feel guilty for adding miles by driving the couple of road trips to bring my cats to their new homes. Did I say cats as in plural? Yes indeedie. I have already reported that the lovely Ophelia and her husband Peter are taking Gordon. Today I received the splendid news that-- 2. George will have a home in Las Vegas! My mom's friend and neighbor Julie has been tireless in hitting up her friends to take my cats and her efforts paid off. I will be buying her a gift certificate from somewhere as a big thank you. The couple that will be taking George sounded very nice on the phone. They are Canadian and came to Vegas so that the husband could finish his Masters in music. His wife suffers from MS so she is home all day and they are looking for a pet that will be a good companion for her. So, I am going to drive in this weekend for the kitty exchange. 3. Test from the colposcopy came back and the cells are pre-cancerous so they are going to do a fancy little procedure where they put my cervix on ice or the fancy dancy medical terminology, cryosurgery. Is no big deal. I will just have to get checked out in a few months to make sure all is good. The part that blows chunks (stop reading mom) is that I will need to wait two to three weeks after the procedure to have sex. Just what you want to hear when you are about to get married. 4. My wedding dress came in today and I had my first fitting. It is going to be very pretty. Simple. Elegant. I think I will want to have my hair pulled back a la Breakfast at Tiffany. My shoes that I ordered from chineselaundry.com also came in and they fit and look very nice on my feetsies. 5. The wedding officiant, Herr Flick backed out a week ago. He was concerned that he wouldn't be able to get to my moms house by 6:30. Dan asked his friend that is a Judge if he can do it but no dice. That isn't the news. The news is that the reason the judge can't marry us is because he is going to be attending a DUI conference. Who knew that Judges go to DUI conferences? I bet there will be a lot of drinking.

4 Comments:

At 9/21/2005 06:05:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

I am so glad to hear that George has a home now (and it sounds like a good one)!

I hope that your health issues end up as nothing, it can be a scary thing, moving to a new country and having health problems. Not have sex on your wedding night! Well, I was on my period for my wedding night, so shit happens. =p

Judges will go to any conference that involves free drinks. And I bet 10 to 1 there will be an open bar at the DUI conference. Cops, attorneys, and judges love them free bars! I went to a Crimestoppers conference once, sheesh!

Sorry about your car not being sold, but I am sure you will figure out something. I ended up selling my car like a week before I moved to Greece.

The wedding outfit sounds great! Things seem to be coming along swimmingly for you!

PS. Can I use any more exclamation points!?!!!!

 
At 9/21/2005 08:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you I am one of those people when told NOT to do something go & do it.
PLEASE tell me NOT to go loose 30 pounds,
Julie just talked to Liz & she is so excited about the cat.

 
At 9/22/2005 02:52:00 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I went through the colp/cryo combo a few years back... it's certainly not pleasant, but it really ain't no thang.

 
At 9/22/2005 05:27:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks! Yeah, I know. It is just not someting I want to deal at the moment- but you do what you gotta do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home