Monday, September 12, 2005

A new home for my VW bug

My friend Jolie may buy my car! I didn't feel like dealing with selling it to a private person so I was going to sell it back the Dealer and just suck up the fact that they would pay me a lot less than I would want. I suppose I will have to start locking it again. I have taken to not locking it hoping that someone may steal it. I have also contemplated driving it to an unsavory neighborhood and leaving it. I thought this was an original idea until Joe told me that a character did this on Desperate Housewives. I even thought about trying to hire someone to steal it, but then I thought when you are trying to move out of the country, it may not be a good idea to commit insurance fraud. I mentioned to my mom my car fantasy and she admitted that she had thought of it as well. "You know who you know who could help you!" "Who Mom?" "Joe!" "Joe? Why do you think JOE could help me?" Joe is Italian. I had a feeling I knew why she thought Joe could help me. "Well, he is Sicilian." "He isn't Sicilian, but he even if he was, that doesn't mean he would automatically know someone who could steal my car! It's not as if he has a Luca Brasi in his family!" Okay, I didn't say that, but I thought it. She then launched into a long story about someone in our family telling her a long story and the punch line was, "Never trust a Sicilian." "I can't believe you Mom." "Well! That's what he told me." My mom. You gotta love her. I keep thinking of that song from Avenue Q "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist" and Wolf Blitzer's now famous, "They are so Black." Little things we think about people. . . like my Italian friend would know someone who could steal my car. Now if he was a *Mexican, I could understand. . . *Just to be extra, extra careful, the above comment was my using irony to make a joke. I do not think that a Mexican would be more likely than any other group to steal my car. In fact, some of my best friends are **Mexicans. **This is another use of irony.

3 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Joey Z said...

It's not "Never trust a Sicilian." It's "never get involved with a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line."

It's one of the three classic blunders.

"Ha, Ha, Ha.
Ha, Ha, Ha.
Ha, Ha--"

 
At 9/12/2005 11:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh MYYYYY :((((((
First off an Italian told me this. Well he is dead now.
By natural causes - by the way.
If he was still living he would be over 130 years old.
Joe, my cousin, Your grandfather said this. It did have more to do with not dating a Sicilian if I had to go through the whole story.
But I couldn't be happier about the car!
If I only had a nickle for every time someone said,"You gotta love her".
Why have I never taken that as a compliment?
Ma

 
At 9/13/2005 12:38:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

you are not helping your case mom- lol :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home