Tuesday, September 27, 2005

People really suck

I got a weird feeling about the people I was giving George to when I talked to the husband, but I let it go. Sunday my mom got the same feeling and I was ready to just hop into the car and take him home. I felt better when I met both of them and assumed I was just overreacting. I told them he is a shy cat with new people and is going to need at least a few weeks to two months to chill out. They are giving up the cat. They haven't even had him 48 hours. They are upset because he is hiding all of the time. Hello! That is what cats do in new environments! Why is it that when you tell people what a situation is and they say, "Yes, yes I understand." And then that situation actually transpires they act surprised. . . I could happily steal this woman's wheelchair and leave her on the side of the road. Is that wrong? To make it worse, one of my work colleagues had a lead for me that I got the day after I told yes to this evil couple from hell. They have already adopted another cat. If I had contacted them, George would be settled. Deep sigh. I would cry if I had the energy. At least I have more ice cream at home. . .

4 Comments:

At 9/28/2005 04:51:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Oh damn. I am sorry to hear that. I wonder how many cats they will go through before they find one that "suits their needs".

I hope poor George isn't cursed because of his name. Seems to be another George in America who isn't having much luck these days...

 
At 9/28/2005 06:39:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Isn't funny- I didn't even think of that! I always wanted to name a pet George from the Warner Brothers cartoon. The Abominable Snowman clutching on to Bugs Bunny, "I will love him and take care of him and never, never not take care of him and I will call him George."

Mom is keeping him until we find him a home

 
At 9/28/2005 08:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK
I have a George W Now
Love
Ma

 
At 9/29/2005 05:37:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Haha! I remember that cartoon. I say that sometimes and my husband has no idea what I am talking about.

I am glad your mom is keeping him. Hopefully a good home will come along soon. Of course, 2 of my kitties I was keeping until a good home came along...and now I still have them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home