Friday, September 02, 2005

They say if you can last a year...

My friend Barbara from Vegas, a very talented actress moved to NYC a year ago and she sent us all an e-mail. Asked her if I may share and she said yes. . . --------------------------------------- Hey all!! One year ago I moved to this city...Some quick observations of life here... I need to get an agent- Could the person in front of me please move any slower? Ohhhh, a puppy... Actors are crazy. Everyone is crazy… Everyone here is an actor... Central Park is heaven in a concrete hell. Central Park is hell on a cold winter day. SNOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Horse hoofs upon pavement hurt my heart... If somebody speaks to you, they want something. Hopefully it's directions, and not to show you their weiner...or ask for money, or mind-fuck your heart you decide to open, only to slice it with a spoon and feed it to you at the MoMa while you beg them to stop...oh, love...Money can't protect you from unhappiness... The bathroom at Louis Vuitton on 5th Ave. is on the fourth floor... MUSEUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Italian boys like to make sauce... Boys are messy to live with... "Sex in the City" is a fictional show, but "The Sixth Sense" it a documentary... Police are dressed like civilians... Yes, the greeter at the door is scanning your DNA...get over it... Take your headphones off before checking out...you just might get a discount... Vegas means "hooker" on the East Coast... Happy children are a blessing on the subway... Straight forward city, passive aggressive conversations, people are dumb...rude people are dumber... Celebrities must love tourists- they are the only ones who care... Oh, you're an actor, too...? A week exists inside of EVERY day here... The seasons are wonderful… I still need to get an agent... I love New York- I hate it... Does the day end in Why? I survived my first year, and I truly miss you guys... Peace and love, Barbara Ann

2 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 10:18:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

She should write a one woman show based on that email, that was brilliant!

 
At 9/12/2005 05:05:00 AM, Anonymous Ophelia said...

hey, we *may* take one of the kitties. Do they like babies? At least not scratch them?

Also, I'm writing a book. Raw contents exist on livejournal. Do you have an lj at all? If so, I can friend you on there. Otherwise, if interested, I can email you the raw contents. They may or may not suck. Book tentively titled _So You Got Knocked Up: A Guide for the Unexpectedly Expecting_. Lemme know.
-Ophelia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home