Sunday, October 23, 2005

Been AWOL

Sorry that I have been AWOL from updating this. Been a crazy week and I am looking at another one. Furniture: Posted my furniture on Craig's List and I've sold a few things. No more TV. We are sad. Someone is coming to look at the sofa and one of the shelves today and I am hoping that I have some nibbles for the armoire and the bed frame. Hoping I sell all this- especially the heavy things. I am having visions of trying to fling heavy things into dumpsters under the coverage of darkness. Going to put my bed on Ebay. Hoping I get a response there. So depressing. I spent thousands of dollars on this stuff and I am selling it for so little. However the name of the game is called getting it out so I don't have to deal with it. Car: Need to take it to CarMax and the deller to see what they offer me for it. Visa: Have it! I did screw up slightly however. The appointment was Wednesday and I brought the copy of the marriage certificate that I needed to mail to the registrar because the paperwork they gave me said it took 30 days to get a certified copy back. Not good enough. Need the certified copy. While I did have all that stuff going on, (wedding, crazy family) it was still no excuse for messing that up. Call Nevada Records and I find out it that I could a certified copy really easily so I flew back to Vegas and then flew back the next day. Rather annoying. I could have FedExed it to my Mom, and she could have sent it back, but that would have meant that I wouldn't have gotten the certified copy until next week and I was chomping at the bit to get the visa. So that is all done. I just need to get rid of the last of my junk and I can get on a jet plane. Then I need to find a job. . .

4 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 03:02:00 AM, Blogger Scott E D said...

When are you leaving?

 
At 10/24/2005 05:13:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

November 3. . . Out of the apartment Oct 31

 
At 10/24/2005 07:26:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Woot! But you are giving me nightmares of my last days in America.

It is truly heartbreaking to sell furniture for so cheap. What I didn't sell I gave to Salvation Army. They come pick it all up and everything. And they will take literally ANYTHING.

 
At 10/25/2005 12:14:00 AM, Blogger honestcritic said...

sorry I was in a tiff the other day - I want to hear all about the wedding and shit it looks like youa re heading out next Monday! damn that was fast! Lets chat before you hea doff - I'll be in NYC - Sara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home