Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Countdown

Been running around with Stu and Ollie the last few days in Los Angeles and we drove to Las Vegas today. Day before yesterday, we drove up PCH a bit past Pepperdine and then walked around on the beach throwing seaweed at each other. Later we went to the Santa Monica Pier and did the Ferris Wheel which I have ALWAYS wanted to do so I was happy. This afternoon we have been sitting getting progressively drunk with my mom. Pizza has been ordered. I take that back. Domino's has been ordered, which isn't even a distant relative to pizza. It's just dough with crap on top. But it has been ordered and I will be happy to consume it. At one point today we were talking about places to go eat. Stu always forces me to take him to Denny's at some point. He asked my Mom if she or my Stepfather could take him and she said, "But Denny's is shit!" Ollie covered his mouth to stop from laughing out loud. The house looks sparkly with all the lights in the trees. Mom has also made tablecloths from the cloth and bows from the ribbon we bought when I was here in early September. The whole thing feels remarkably surreal. We meet with Rev. Paul tomorrow morning and will get the marriage license later in the day. I guess this is happening isn't it?

3 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 01:33:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

I am so excited I may pee my pants.

 
At 10/13/2005 06:22:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Sounds exciting!

Yep, it's happening. It's wonderful!

 
At 10/15/2005 08:01:00 PM, Anonymous expatraveler said...

Hey Nic,

We love reading your posts. The finance and I are going through the same stages as you right now. It's so exciting, but hectic of course. We are having a small wedding too, but here in BC...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home