Monday, October 31, 2005

Last Weekend in La-La Land

Nicole and Hollywood Sign
Nicole and Hollywood Sign,
originally uploaded by nicdthomas.
All the furniture is gone. I’m sitting on the floor listing to Josh Rouse and later I will sleep on the floor. Last night in this apartment I have lived in for eight years. Final moments of my last weekend in this city that I love and hate.

Now that all the big projects are done, I am starting to enjoy the prospect of leaving more than I have.

Friday night my friend Ben’s band, Soul Traffic had a gig and the wearing of costumes was encouraged. I didn’t want to deal with a real costume so I decided to be a Hollywood vampire. Crimped my hair, wore more makeup than I did at my wedding, painted bite marks on my neck, wore a shirt that said “bite me” and the ubiquitous leather jacket.

Luckily Jolie was the voice of reason that evening because with the assistance of three margaritas and two beers, I hit one of my “I can stay up all night! I don’t care that I have things to do and that my parents are arriving this evening!” patches. She got me in bed by 12:30 which was good because my parents arrived at 3:00 AM.

Saturday we donated everything they were not keeping to Goodwill, drank some beer, went to Dia De Muertos at the cemetery, then Mexican food at Lucy’s El Adobe where I discovered that the feeling of not being able to breathe when I drink margaritas probably means that I am allergic to tequila.

I have no intention of giving up tequila. I don’t do it that often and so what that my face turns bright red and I feel like I am asphyxiating when I drink it. I can work through it. . .

Sunday after the parents left with my furniture, I hung out with Doug, Jamie and Amelia and in preparation for the big move we had fish and chips at a great little place, Malibu Seafood- out on the PCH just past Pepperdine, On the way home we swung by the Hollywood Reservoir were you can see the Hollywood sign up close.

There are so many places that I wanted to go to in LA before I left and I let the time just get away from me. I am so happy and excited to finally be back with S but I am a little sad to be leaving.

I know I will get over it.

5 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Stu. said...

Thomas the Tourist does Europe.

The week after her Cleveland ass lands it's.

Gothenburg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothenburg

Two weeks later is Thomas does Austria.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graz%2C_Austria

1 Week later Thomas Does drugs (bad Thomas)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam

Three weeks later.. Thomas freezes her ass off for Christmas.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest


Any the new year.. Well yes we have things booked.. Well one thing, she doesnt know yet. An is already panicing about getting time off work.. WORK she has no job..

To all her readers I promise to take good care of my cute american babe with the big chest. Love you Cole xxxxxx

 
At 10/31/2005 03:16:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

Allergic to tequila? How can that be? I guess you don’t have any Mexican in you. I’ve had Mexican in me. I actually don’t recommend it.

I am so happy for you Nicole. There is nothing as exciting as the start of a big new adventure. I hope Stuart knows how lucky he is to have you.

Does ‘Thomas does Europe’ have the same connotation in British English as it does in American?

 
At 10/31/2005 03:30:00 PM, Blogger Stu. said...

Yes it does have the same thing, but it also means (Experiences) europe. WHich I guess we could also use in the way your infering hehehehe. I'll have my eye on her anyways.. To many floaty accents to around this place to let her loose by her self. An yeah I know she's a good catch ;D

 
At 11/02/2005 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

But why do they call it LaLa land? I guess from someone growing up in northern california, I'm just not really in the know. Kind of like how northerner's say "hella" all of the time. I guess...

 
At 11/03/2005 01:32:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

For me when I say la-la it is a way to slam LA I guess. . . land of flakey people on cell phones talking to their manager about their recent meet and greet with a C list Producer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home