Sunday, October 02, 2005

Magic Castle

Went to the Magic Castle last night with Margee. We were guests of my friend Jon Armstrong who is a terribly talented magician. If you ever get the chance to see him perform, you will not be disappointed. For those who do not know, The Castle is a members only club that civilians can only go to if they are the guest of a member. There is a dress code and it is rather nice to see folks dress up in the land where everything is always so casual. Will post a picture of us later when I get a soft copy. On the way to the castle at that spot on Franklin where it veers to the left and you need to decide if you want to go on Highland or stay on Franklin, Margee spotted a woman wearing a short black skirt, a rock star belt and knee-length black boots. "Is she a prostitute or is she just trendy?" I looked. "I'm not sure. Let me see when we are closer." We moved closer. "Ooh, yeah. She's just trendy." I am sure that some men would disagree, but I think it will be a good thing when the Paris Hilton cheap whore look is a thing of the past. I refuse to go there myself.

1 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 07:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom was born in Birkenhead. I have a genetic fondness for the Brits. So I found your site through Cool Tricks and Trinkets.

On our 11 pm news (San Diego, CA)they actually did a story about Paris Hilton breaking off her engagement! The dumbing down of a whole generation continues. But then I thought, would I rather see bombs going off or near naked Paris Hilton's on my boob tube. The more Pinot Grigio, the more I lean towards Paris Hilton and her look alikes. It's amazing the clarity that Pinot Grigio can bring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home