Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My Parents Rule

Of all of my furniture I am selling or giving away, I have been rather blue about losing my bed. I used to work for a furniture store in Seattle and we made log Douglas Fir furniture. The logs were steamed and the bark peeled so that it was at the cambium layer of the wood, mortise and tenon joints- quality stuff. They let us buy the furniture wholesale and in installments so I had a rather substantial furniture 401K set up. I worked hard for this bed and the other stuff that I got from that store. I haven't been happy about selling it, but what are you going to do. Talking to mom today- not sure if she offered or if I asked but she and Gary are going to drive in this weekend with their truck, help me schlep the stuff I have left off to Goodwill, then we'll go to one of my favorite things in Los Angeles, the yearly Dia De Muertos (Day of the Dead) Festival at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. I'll probably drag them off to Mexican food after because I will not have it available to me rather soon. Then Sunday they will drive back to Vegas with my bedroom set. We will be able to decide what to do with it when I know for sure what part of the world we are going to land in. Such a huge relief they will be helping.

1 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 06:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

xxxxx:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home