Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ghost

S said when we moved in that he saw a mirror move and that he feels that something is always watching him in the flat. I thought he was being a little overly. . . I don't know. . . wanting the place to be haunted. Is there a word that means that? The desire to be witness to ghosties. I haven't seen anything but his saying something has put thoughts in my head so late at night I have been feeling a little edgy. Have been having really vivid weird dreams and S and Jen have as well. I usually sleep so deeply I don't remember my dreams. Have had a few night terrors, but I know that is from stress. This afternoon, just now, this very moment, I hear piano or music box music. Simple little pattern. I IM’d S asking if one of our neighbors has a piano and he tells me that it is our resident guest. Tells me that it is loudest in the kitchen and that if I go in there it will stop. I go in the kitchen. Loudest in there. Then. . .it stops. Feeling a little freaked out. Asked Jen in IM if she ever heard it and she typed, (sic) "whoa!!!!! easy going tiger.......never heard that b4.....noone told me i was gonna live with loonies!!!!!. . .and is god telling u 2 drink more red wine? cos thats wot he says to me." It keeps playing on and off. I'm listening to Bill Evans right now. Listening to Bill Evans trying to ignore the music box noise that keeps playing behind me. I’m here alone tonight. Jen is pulling an all nighter at her job and S has a work dinner thing. I wish I were making this up.

5 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 04:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the plumbing. All British plumbing makes unearthly sounds. In other countries, the plumbing has water running through it at a normal rate so you don't hear the noises.

 
At 11/10/2005 07:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Cole you know how I feel about this. But my experiences has just been family members passing through to have closure. With your kind heart you will be more open to it. Hope this spirit can get to the other side. Now I won't say who this is from because you know

 
At 11/10/2005 07:48:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

I've had a few ghosty experiences, but I never had to live with one.

Still, I think I'd make the best of it. Get to know him/her, find out the story, make millions writing a book about it.

 
At 11/10/2005 08:04:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Fantastic idea Mel- Not going to count out a million chickens just yet, but that wil be fun.

Found one of the librarys in my borough has a local history service so I am going to play- http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/Home/LeisureandTourism/Museum/mushistory.htm

 
At 11/11/2005 07:34:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Ah, how interesting! Maybe you can dig up something fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home