Monday, November 28, 2005

Graz

river
river,
originally uploaded by nicdthomas.
Click the photo to go to flickr and see more. . .

Went to Graz, Austria this weekend and had a fantastic time playing in the snow with S, Mattieu and Ollie.

We drank mulled wine and I tried to refer to the bit from It’s A Wonderful Life with them where the Angel Clarence and George are ordering drinks at the bar:


GEORGE
Okay, all right. Double bourbon, will you? Quick, huh.

NICK
Okay. (to Clarence) What's yours?

CLARENCE
I was just thinking. Uh...It's been so long since I...

NICK
Look, Mister, I'm standing here waiting for you to make up your mind.

CLARENCE
That's a good man. I was just thinking, uh, of a flaming rum punch. No, it's not cold enough for that. Not nearly cold enough. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. I got it. Mulled wine, heavy on the cinnamon and light on the cloves. Off with you, me lad, and be lively!

NICK
Hey, look, Mister, we serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast. And we don't need any characters around to give the joint atmosphere. Is that clear? Or do I have to slip you my left for a convincer?


. . .and they all blinked at me like I was crazy. I guess they don’t play it at Christmas in the UK and in France.

Graz is such a cute little town. We will be going back I am sure.

1 Comments:

At 12/04/2005 09:16:00 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

I loved your Austria photos! Wishing I was there. Graz looks like a wonderful city. It reminded me of Switzerland actually. It so nice to be so close that you can do that on a weekend trip. Still over the pond in Canada...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home