Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Street Where I Live

I took this last week. What you can't see (because my camera was too slow and I was too far away) is the dad playing hopscotch and skipping with his daughter as they go down the street. So many families in my area. If you don't watch it, you will get knocked about every which way by parents pushing prams (strollers). From what I understand, this area has become recently gentrified so all these families have moved in because they can afford it- although a three bedroom flat that S and I saw advertised at a estate agent office on the high street was 500,000 pounds, so it is relative to what it would cost in the center. But I likie it here.

2 Comments:

At 11/15/2005 05:08:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

That is too cute. You can almost kinda see the dad and child. A family neighborhood is a good one.

The only thing I don't like about family neighborhoods is that sometimes things I see make want a child. And then other things I see remind me why I don't. For now.

 
At 11/15/2005 08:31:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I am right with ya. My joke when I see a cute kid is "Oh my overies!" But we're not going to have them. There is a line from one of my screenplays- "We're not going to have kids. We're going to have dogs."

I am going to be happy being the cool Aunt providing some sort of female stability for my nephews all while I buy them their beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home