Friday, November 25, 2005

Turkey Day

Had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner with four American expats, two visiting Yanks, my Brit, a Spanish woman and a Syrian man. It was like the UN but different. The whole band wasn't there as we needed our flat mate from Oz, the German, the Frenchman and the Canadians. It was a very nice meal. Except. . .Okay. What is it with what the English call stuffing? I need my mother to send me some on dry ice. Been having lots of job interviews and I am trying to not panic that nothing has stuck. I've only been here for three weeks today right? I do have an interview at a big place that I want through Janelle forwarding the CV along so let's hope something good happens. My ideal would be to get a job but not have to start until after the New Year. If I had money, I would create a store that sells all the stuff that American expats crave: Stove Top Stuffing, Kraft Mac and Cheese, Sugar Frosted Flakes. . . Every nasty prepackaged thing that is terrible for you. I would be rich.

5 Comments:

At 11/25/2005 02:18:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

I think I would miss HoHo's the most.

Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 11/25/2005 06:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will send you the recipe. You don't need Mrs. Cubbissons.
Saute celery & onions in butter and cooked crumbled Itialian sausage (do not drain) Pour over crumbled dried french bread and then add chicken broth. Yummm This can be stove top but I like putting it in the oven as you know.
Miss you
xxxxx
Mom
PS
I'll put me on dry ice and make it for you

 
At 11/26/2005 01:27:00 AM, Blogger Kate Lilac said...

Go to Partridge's right by Sloane Square, in that Prince of Wales shopping area. They have all sorts of American food, including all the things you listed... except you can get frosted flakes at Sainsbury's! Ah, I miss living there. Funny, when I visit I load up on all the M&S food I can carry back!

 
At 11/26/2005 01:28:00 AM, Blogger Kate Lilac said...

Or Duke of York - whatever it's called

 
At 11/26/2005 04:55:00 AM, Blogger Shopping Diva said...

I don't know if this will help but you might find some of what you want here: http://www.hometownfavorites.com. I hope you are having a FABULOUS day today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home