Thursday, December 22, 2005

Bah, Humbug!

I’ve been feeling rather unChristmasy. I think it is because I am out of my usual pattern for this time of year. Work in the Search biz winds down a couple of weeks before Christmas because there is very little work to do and lots of bad things to eat floating around the office. This is also why I haven’t gotten a job yet because no one can be bothered to really think about hiring someone until after the New Year. I’m not too worried. I have a few things in the works and I even pulled myself out of the ring for something that I knew that I would hate. Something will hit soon. Not going home feels odd. Will be calling, but my Mom could have used me there this year since my younger siblings are useless twats. Another reason I feel unChristmasy is I am too broke to buy presents. I LOVE buying Christmas gifts but this year everyone has a rain check since I am down at the bottom of the financial barrel. Exchange rate made very short order of my cashed out 401K. Not that I am destitute. I just feel unChristmasy due to my lack of gift buying. Is silly I know. After all I have a dried out firetrap of death in the living room. What doesn’t say Christmas more than that? Hoping that I get more of the Christmas spirit when S and I get away this weekend. We’re both looking forward to escaping to the snow in Budapest. Will sort of be our honeymoon since we didn't get away together right after the wedding. I've been reading the books we have, but we haven't planned anything. Will be fun to just show up and do whatever we feel like with no itinerary. It will be good. After all, nothing says Christmas like goulash!

3 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 07:44:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

Enjoy your time a way and have a Happy Christmas.

I wish I was doing just the opposite and escaping from the snow. Not that there is much to complain about, it’s going to be 50 degrees on Christmas Day. That’s practically balmy.

 
At 12/22/2005 09:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when I made authenic goulash & "people" had a fit?
Let me know how authenic it really was.
Love you Bunches!

 
At 12/23/2005 02:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine a snowy holiday. Forecast says it's going to be around 81 degrees in LA. It sounds like it will be lovely, I'm sure but it's not very Chistmasy.

hope the you all have a great holiday... jolie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home