Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Can I Call It?

Things look good for mine and Lala's boyfriend. So happy that Good Night and Good Luck is getting so much attention and that it is doing well. Way back in August I I called that it looked good. I am putting money now on David Strathairn for the Oscar. If you don't know his work get thee to the video store. Some of my favorites: Eight Men Out Sneakers Passion Fish Limbo Blue Car I could go on, especially since he is one of Sayles favorite actors but I am boring you already aren't I? Syriana hasn't opened here yet and I am going nuts. Saw the preview in LA and everyone cheered at the end of it. I know this is a major film area and I know living in Los Angeles I was spoiled, but dammit. I want to see a film and I can't unless I get on a plane. Blah. I know it will get here eventually. My respect for Clooney went beyond the "You cute" phase when I read his Playboy interview (yes women do like the articles) after Three Kings came out. The director, David O Russell created shall we say, a rather acrimonious working environment. One day he was screaming at an extra and Clooney went up to him and said "You can't talk to people like that." They started arguing and had to be pulled away from each other by people on the set or they would have hit each other. When asked if he would ever work with Russell again, Clooney said, "Life is too short." He also never renegotiated his contract on ER to make more money when he became a star. And the man has a pet pig. You got to love a man that has a pet pig.

1 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 05:24:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Good Night and Good Luck is set to open here in early January. I can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home