Sunday, December 04, 2005

Internet!!

I finished decorating the tree and our living room is now rather festive. Thanks to S our wireless is back up! The Internet gods are smiling on us. Funny how dependent we are on it. Graz showed me that my wool pea coat and Josef Seibel boots would not be good enough for Christmas in Budapest. The boots, while comfortable are not waterproof, so for an early Christmas present S bought me a pair of cherry red Dr. Martens. I've always wanted a pair so I'm looking forward to breaking them in. I ordered a coat from Lands' End and it is great, but like an idiot I forgot that Lands' End sizes are actually accurate and I ordered a size large so now I have a coat that makes me look enormous. I'm in a US size 10-12 and the coat is size 14-16 but what the hell, I will be as warm as a little Eskimo. The last few days I have been watching the first season of Soap and it is hysterical. I was too young to watch it was on in the late 70's so I have no memory of it. Even if I had watched it I would have been too young to understand what was going on. The writing and the acting is fantastic and some of the lines are so not politically correct it blows my mind. There is no way that they would get away with a show like it today. At least not in the US. I saw an episode of Little Britain for the first time last week and some of it was just outrageous.

3 Comments:

At 12/05/2005 09:25:00 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

I love Little Britain. When I first came to Italy last fall, we could watch Little Britain on our Sky TV. I amlost cried when they took it away. I keep hoping it will be back with a new season, but so far nothing. Life is so unfair!!!

Cyn

 
At 12/06/2005 08:57:00 PM, Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Funny we were joking about what we will do when we wake up sans computer in our hotel room, go back to the house? We are so dependant on the internet too!

 
At 12/07/2005 12:06:00 AM, Blogger melusina said...

I soooo can't live without the internet, although I honestly think I am getting better. Think being the operative word here.

Still haven't made a Christmas tree decision here yet. No room in our den and the living room has one damn plug, which is being used for our heater. And you can't have a tree without the lights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home