Sunday, January 15, 2006

Back Home

Back in the freezing flat. They are supposed to come Monday and fix it finally, which is why I couldn't stay in Greece longer. It all worked out badly for me. I couldn't fly in sooner because of my interview last Thursday and I couldn't stay longer because of boiler man. Had a lovely time in Athens other than an evil taxi driver stiffing me on the ride in, but it was a good lesson for me to not take shit from a cabbie. He refused to drive me to the door of the hotel. I found out later that he didn't do that because then the concierge would have given him shit of fleecing me. It was one of those situations that I knew the moment I got into the cab that he has going to play games. Frustrating when you don't know an area. Now I know a bit so that ain't going to happen again when I go back there again. Will post pictures later. Lots of old stuff and stray dogs.

3 Comments:

At 1/15/2006 11:42:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

I love stay dogs. Glad you had a great time.

 
At 1/16/2006 09:49:00 AM, Blogger neil h said...

We've had endless problems with our boiler, but fortunately we've got a British Gas service contract. Well worth the money, I'd say.

 
At 1/16/2006 10:04:00 AM, Blogger lala said...

Taxi drivers! Unfortunately, every city's got em....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home