Sunday, January 01, 2006

Budapest Pics

Parliament
Parliament,
Click the picture to see all the photos in this set.
.
I love the views of London along the Thames. Maybe I'm nuts but I prefer it to the Seine. At night the Danube in Budapest gives London a run for her money. There isn't a lot of light in winter making everything look grey/blue. We didn't make it to the baths or the Jewish section and museum so I want to come back in the spring or summer. Will be interesting to see how the light is different. There were a lot of American tourists there. Was bizarre. It is easy to forget the sordid recent past of the city from the Soviet occupation and World War II. Easy until you are in a junk shop and you come across desktop busts of Stalin and Lenin and toy soldiers with Nazi armbands. We have a thing that every city we go to we need to eat Chinese food at least once. A funny quirk of fate placed one next door to our hotel.

4 Comments:

At 1/01/2006 09:21:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

How is the Chinese food in all these different places? I've been afraid to try it here in Greece, lol.

 
At 1/02/2006 02:33:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

It was actually really great! The place we went to in Graz, the boys have been going there for ages and Paris was yummy as well. London of course has a great China town which I love to visit. . .

 
At 1/02/2006 05:19:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Lucky lucky lucky! I guess I can break down and at least TRY it here...but we'll see. I'm craving Chinese like crazy though.

 
At 1/05/2006 05:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best I have ever ever had was Mama SuHu's and the Golden Chicken Inn on Oxnard Blvd. in Oxnard. I wonder if they are still there....
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home