Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Maureen? Is that you?

A few days ago, I posted Maureen Dowd's column from the New York Times where she eulogized her colleague and friend David Rosenbaum and skewered James Frey for his "memoir". Rosenbaum was murdered in one of those random crazy moments that we think happen to other people, not to people that we love. If you are not familiar with Maureen Dowd, Push yourself out from under the rock you have been living and get thee to a copy of the New York Times. I mention all of this because there is an anonymous comment on my posting saying "Thank You." I opened the post saying I wanted to be Maureen Dowd when I grew up and oh, how I do! The closest was a column I wrote in my University paper called "8:00AM - No Coffee" which given my liberal tendencies was rather subversive for a Utah University in 1992. So was it Maureen that said "Thank You"? I doubt it. I'm from Vegas after all. The odds don't support it. It would be fantastic if it was her however. . .

3 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 03:23:00 AM, Blogger Shopping Diva said...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was her! That's so cool! How's the job interviewing going? Are you hired yet?!?!? I have been out of the loop for a while, I have to catch up!

 
At 1/18/2006 04:15:00 AM, Anonymous Ophelia said...

Your cat is fat. It steals food. It molests me in my sleep with one curved claw against my lip. Sometimes it wipes its drool about my face, perfuming me with kitty food stank. It likes it here.

Me, not so much.

 
At 1/18/2006 03:05:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

My mother's name is Maureen Dow. She voted for Bush. This is why I need therapy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home