Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Phish Food Therapy

"Had my dream again where I'm making love, and the Olympic judges are watching. I'd nailed the compulsories, so this is it, the finals. I got a 9.8 from the Canadians, a perfect 10 from the Americans, and my mother, disguised as an East German judge, gave me a 5.6. Must have been the dismount." - Harry Burns in When Harry Met Sally Must have been the dismount. . . I had the third interview today. Was a phone call with someone in the States. The beginning part was good and then I guess it wasn't. The what areas of growth would your peers say about you question. I stammered something that didn't make sense that negated a positive I said a 30 seconds before. I hate interviewing. Plus, They are definitely afraid that I am a pushy American, which I had no idea how to defend without looking like a pushy American. Oh well. We will see in the next few days. Felt depressed so I ate pasta for dinner and am currently consuming Ben and Jerry's Phish Food. Been feeling glum the last few days. Stuart has been great about it. My friend Stephanie sent me an e-mail saying, "I bet it's super-fun living in London... all the sight-seeing, the shopping, the restaurants and things to do." And she is right. It is, except right now I'm not feeling the London Love. I know I'm just Grade A stressed about the job situation and that this ennui is fairly normal for expats. I know this. It still sucks. And it's not as if everything was coming up roses in Los Angeles. Everything will be fine. You're right. You're right. . . I know you're right.

3 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 11:08:00 PM, Blogger Stu. said...

Don't worry I'll keep an eye on her. Glad she has a temp job with some cash coming in. If spending $100 dollers on 2 leaks and some assorted veg from a farmers market, makes her happy. Thats what we'll do. She's laying next to me snoring softly right now. So I guess the stress isnt hurting her sleep. Night all

 
At 1/25/2006 02:05:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

I feel for you! There is nothing else to say but keep your chin up. I always hated it when people said shit to me like that when I was looking for a job, but that is about all you can do.

Ben & Jerry’s always know how to ease the pain.

 
At 1/25/2006 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I thought I would enjoy a nice long run of unemployment after 4 years of Overture slave-driving hell... but the truth is, I was a wreck about a month and a half into it. You will find a job and you know it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home