Thursday, February 09, 2006

Fridge

Scott suggested posting a photo of fridge contents. Along with my disdain of British washing machines,, I think the refrigerators blow too. I'm used to big American fridges that are a rarity here. Yes I know I am being an obnoxious ugly American. Give me my big car! Big Fridge! Big Mac! So the fridge is really a fridgette shared between three people. Sometimes it gets a bit crowded. There's some room now because S drank the case of beer that he had in there. My stuff: Half bottle of white wine I use for cooking. (yes really. I hate white wine. I know I will be an alcoholic when faced with the choice of not having a drink or a glass of white wine, I choose the wine.) Habanero Hot sauce Organic Plain Yogurt Lettuce Carrots Red Pepper Radishes Cucumber Tomato old lemon I need to toss onions miso paste horseradish capers parmesan cheese butter sundried tomatoes in olive oil mayo mustard Left over lamb (Yes, I made the lamband it was fabulous. See? I used a horseradish mustard with fresh rosemary and minced garlic paste. The one mistake I made was following the instructions on the package. I like my lamb on the rare side. Some Brits- no, not all- don't consider food to be food unless you overcook the shit out of it.) Preston's stuff: broccoli yellow pepper limes left over noodle stir fry butter soy sauce pesto green curry sauce sweet chili dipping sauce piri piri sauce cheese grapefruit juice rose's lemon and lime marmalade black bean sauce (2) coriander (cilantro) olives mayo mustard Stu's stuff: margarine laughing cow cheese spread muller yogurt To fully understand the horror of his yogurt you need to look at the packaging and the ingredients. One of them is called, "Blueberry Manhattan Cheesecake- American Classic" One side has the crunchy bits that you mix into the "yogurt". The ingredients are (and I am not making this up): yogurt, water, blueberries, sugar, wheat flour, glucose-fructose syrup, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, modified maize starch, fructose, dextrose, inverted sugar syrup, flavorings, salt, stabilisers, locust bean gum, guar gum, citric acid, digestive biscuit. May contain nut traces.

3 Comments:

At 2/09/2006 02:16:00 PM, Blogger Preston said...

Aaaaah....the contents of Stu's portion of the fridge.....if there was a saying 'food makes the man'...then that would be quite telling wouldn't it, as what Stu eats is crap!

 
At 2/09/2006 05:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you expect? He likes Denney's
From
Guess who :))))))
The lamb looks wonderful!!!! Yummm

 
At 2/09/2006 05:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you and Scott have too much time on your hands if you're taking pictures of your refrigerators. lol :)

jolie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home