Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Good News- Bad News

Good News. I have had the last two days off from the temp job because we are waiting on legal to sign off on my being there. It came out that I am "friends" with S and my having access to confidential HR files could be bad. Bad News. I have had the last two days off from the temp job. . . and I have a feeling they will decide to not have me come in at all. Good News. Got the soft copy of the offer letter for my job that begins in mid-March. I start out getting 25 days vacation. (Oh, the benefits of working in Europe!) Bad News. Like most Europeans, payday is once a month around the 25th. If I start after the cut off point of around March 8th (they haven't told me my start day) my first paycheck won't be until May. 25th. That's over one hundred days away. Good News. It will be warmer when I get paid. Bad News. All my paycheck will go to S paying back the money he is floating me. Good News. We decided to go to Portugal over Easter break. S found a cheap flight to Porto and I found a cheap hotel that will cost 50 quid each total for three nights. Bad News. We are going to Portugal and we are having yet another trip where I need to lean on S to cover me. I currently have a debt that is comparable to that of the United States deficit. Good News. They have really great red wine in Porto. And really good Port as it were. Funny how that works. Kind of how there is good champagne in Champagne. . . Bad News. "Hello. My name is Nicole and I am an alcoholic." "Hello Nicole. . ."

4 Comments:

At 2/07/2006 02:56:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

"We love you Nicloe!"

 
At 2/07/2006 03:28:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

:) Hey I am having the same problem with the stuff on the right that you did when you look at it in IE. Did you get that sorted?

 
At 2/07/2006 03:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I was seeing it on both of your sites, and I got the new work laptop, I thought it was just a problem on my end. Apparently not. Good to know it's not me this time. :)

jolie

by the way, on the alcholic thing - birds of a feather. that must be why we're such good friends.

 
At 2/07/2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

No, I got a comment that said it was becuase of the size of a pic.

Frankly the size of Dr. S's pic was never a problem before. Wink wink nudge nudge.

I haven't had the time to figure it out. If I do I will let you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home