Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hunting and the VP

I've just been giggling like a little girl watching The Daily Show blurbs on the Dark Lord (Cheney) shooting incident. I've controlled myself from blogging about it because (paraphrasing Jon Stewart) it is a really easy thing to make a joke about and I also didn't want to give it any energy. What I didn't realize until today was the Veep and his sycophantic entourage where at one of those places where the animals are farm raised and then released to be killed by fat assed fucks like our Vice President, who moments before were peeling their pasty, saggy skin off their SUVs heated leather seats. That is not hunting. I'm not sure what to call it, but it ain't hunting. Before I get a nasty gram from some right-winger freak like I have in the past, my father used to hunt so I know what the hell I am talking about. I also know how to fire a weapon. I'm not good at it and I don't like it much. So say what you want. The man wasn't hunting. I think they were beyond irresponsible in how they released the information but it is much ado about nothing. It was an accident. Accidents do happen. I wish the White House Press Corps were as rabid on any number of subjects rather than this. Am I enjoying the ballyhoo? Oh, sure. It's a hoot. I just think there are much darker things happening in America that we should be frightened about. . .

3 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 01:38:00 AM, Blogger Scott E D said...

I am not sure which is more disturbing the visual of the pasty saggy skin or the idea of you with a firearm.

 
At 2/17/2006 09:33:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Well obviously it's me with a gun. . .

 
At 2/18/2006 02:40:00 AM, Blogger Shopping Diva said...

I think Nicole with a gun out in the boonies would be a hoot! I'll drive the Escalade and you can shoot out of the window. We don't even have to slow down!

I have to say that I was proud of Cheney this week. Anybody who shoots an old Republican lawyer full of buckshot rates high on my list of the day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home