Saturday, February 04, 2006

Lottery

The Euro lottery was up to something crazy like 187 million Euros, so of course I had to buy a ticket. I never buy lottery tickets. The odds are higher that you will die by being consumed by man-eating lions than you will win the lottery. The odds are higher that Tom Cruise will renounce Scientology and admit that he is gay. The odds are higher that the Democratic Party will grow a set and all the Bushies will be in jail in a year. I had a feeling though. A, "I should buy a lottery ticket" feeling. After all someone is going to win. Why not me? Last night an hour before the deadline, I left the pub in search of a newsagent and I bought a ticket. This morning I checked the numbers- and would you believe it! I'm a winner! Three numbers. Which means I won £13.70. Take out the six quid for four lines on the ticket and I am up £7.70. YEAH!! I can see that this is how they suck you in. That next week I will think, I should buy a lottery ticket. Must. Resist. Must. Not. Give. In. . .

3 Comments:

At 2/04/2006 09:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want me in Jail!!!!
:(((

 
At 2/06/2006 02:35:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

So that's like $.50 US right?

Anyway Congrats!

 
At 1/11/2008 09:43:00 AM, Blogger James Hille said...

Contest is some thing not every one can expect to win, don’t go with the odds in a lottery. Trust yourself luck will follow you. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home