Thursday, February 16, 2006

One Year Old

Happy Birthday to Nicole in London. . . Happy Birthday to Nicole in London. . . Happy BIRTHday to Nicole in London. . . (big finish) Happy Birthday tooooooooooooo meeeeeeeeeee. Well not to me. But my blog is one today. I started it shortly after I heard that Yahoo was sending me to London for three months. There is only one entry in February. I think I figured since I wasn't in London yet, there was nothing to blather about. I've gotten over that now and blather away to my heart's content. It has been a weird year. It started with me not really liking my job and where I was. I was in a relationship with a very nice but passive-aggressive man who couldn't carry on a conversation with my friends and would drink my 20.00 bottles of wine and replace it with Trader Joe's Two-buck-chuck. I hated my job. Well, I didn't hate the job. I hated feeling like I never accomplished anything and what I did accomplish was never noticed and it took years for my suggestions on how to make things more better to be implemented. I was so stuck in a rut, I needed rock climbing equipment to climb out. One year later: I have traveled to five countries, moved myself and my books and my kitchen things and my clothes and my useless tchotchkes to London, and am with the sweetest (and most frustrating) man on the planet who I love very much. And, oh yeah. . . planned and executed a wedding with the end result being. . . I'm married. Guh! Be careful what you ask for. . . and all of that. But I am very happy. I'll be happier when I have a job to complain about but that will be happening soon. The blog was a way to quickly keep friends and family up to date with my little adventure and it has become in an odd little way, a sort of community. I'm now addicted to a few blogs, to the point that I sometimes repeat the funny anecdotes that they relate in their blogs to my friends. Soon there will some changes to this little space of Internet real estate. Back in September I got mydomain but I have just been redirecting it to blogspot. I've decided to switch everything over and use WordPress because it has an easy tool to move all the old posts over. My only snag is the templates that I have been adding to my FTP editor haven't been taking the images correctly. I spent all day yesterday fighting with the stupid thing. Not sure when I will unveil the new site, but when I do, all ten of my usual readers will just need to go to www.travelingtreefrog.com. I'll let you know when it's when. So, thank you all for reading my blather. It will be fun to see where the next year takes us all. . .

5 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 02:07:00 PM, Blogger neil h said...

Yep, it's been an eventful year and no mistake. I've been one of your regulars since the early days, and I must say that I enjoy your mix of ex-pat travelogue and political commentary. Here's to the next year!

 
At 2/16/2006 04:43:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Happy Blogirthday!

I've considered moving to WordPress but it scares me. I registered, I'll take some time to fart with it I guess. But no cool banners there!!

I wish there was a way to import a blog into a word text, or something, a way I could save my whole blog for posterity. There probably is, but I am not tech savvy enough to know how.

 
At 2/16/2006 05:03:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I'm going to cheat and when I get some cash pay someone to build a groovy template for me

 
At 2/17/2006 01:24:00 AM, Blogger Scott E D said...

Happy Blogday. I was I was there to give you the spankings.

 
At 2/18/2006 02:07:00 AM, Blogger Shopping Diva said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't it funny how fast things change? You DO have to be careful what you wish for - because you often get it! I am not really sure how long I have been reading...since the wedding prep. How exciting life can get, huh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home