Sunday, February 12, 2006

Smoothies

In my effort to be healthier, I've started making for my breakfast. It's a really easy way to consume three, four pieces fruit and you're done. Plus they're tasty. I despair at ever being able to cut up a mango without slaughtering it. I am remarkably untalented at figuring out where the pit is and I end up eating most of the mango before I put it in the blender. Today was a pineapple, mango, banana and plum smoothie. I tried to make Stuart drink a little of it. As you can imagine, that went well. "Drink a little." "Aggh. No! There's bits in it." "Not at the top. Drink a little." He screwed up his face so that he had more wrinkles than a Shar-pei, dipped the front of his lip into the glass and groaned, "It smells like an old hoof. And there are bits." "That's just plum skin." "Aggghhhhhhhhh."

5 Comments:

At 2/12/2006 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Preston said...

I can only imagine that exchange....and then Young asked you to let him outta his high-chair....

 
At 2/13/2006 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Stu. said...

Preston you git.. At least she can make smoothies. You couldnt close and umbrella!

 
At 2/14/2006 02:25:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Lol, and this is where we wonder how he knows what an old hoof smells like!

 
At 2/14/2006 05:09:00 PM, Blogger Stu. said...

Oh thats easy.. I lived with Preston for 3 years in Brixton.. She's Aussie, they routinely boil old Hoofs or trotters if Hoof isn't available.

 
At 2/16/2006 04:40:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Mmm, tasty!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home