Friday, March 31, 2006

Bad Blogger Girl

I have been so busy this week. Along with being in training for work, we had a drink/dinner/work thing one evening and the rest of the week I had dinner and drinks with Stuart. (WHY? Why is it when I had no life and was a shut in the flat did I go no where for the most part???? WHAT THE HELL???? I'm really impressed with the company’s attempts to make this a global product. It really feels great. When I worked for Overture (Yahoo! Search Marketing) each country felt like a separate business unit. There were tools that we used in the US for years that they still haven't tweaked for UK use-- I can only imagine for the other markets. Anyway. . . Everyone seems very nice- they are trying to fatten us up like Hansel and Gretel with all the food and drink—but I think the Seattle trip will be a blast and that it all will be a lot of hard work as we go toward launch but well worth it. Good group of people that care about what they are doing. I have to say, I am so glad I didn't stay with Y! I'm very excited to be a part of this team. Okay. No more work boring shit. I promise to come up with NEW boring shit. Like: My cord for my powerbook started to fray, causing me to be afraid of fire, electrocution and the crisping of my computer. Like: My husband is (at this moment) in the pub with a French (male) Friend after I was promised an evening of watching silly things together on TV. (I could have gone to the pub, but I wasn’t in the mood.) Like: The new job welcoming people in Seattle are working to have our welcoming dinner at my favorite restaurants on the planet- Wild Ginger. . . Ahhhhhh Wild Ginger Seven Flavour Beef. . .

2 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 10:16:00 PM, Blogger neil h said...

Are you watching Green Wing and My Name is Earl then? :-)

 
At 3/31/2006 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

lol- no. . . although it seems my uk friends are bigger fans of my name is earl than my US friends, I adore the lead though (Jason Lee) so I have been meaning to watch it. . .

I'm just sitting here listing to my Itunes on random and catching up on all the blogs I read in the week- which is tres pathetique.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home