Tuesday, March 21, 2006

guest book and last days of freedom (or jail)

I added a guest book to my little corner on the Web. It's just under my profile and above the paypal button. For those of you using IE on a PC - I know my links and everything are way down on the page. I'm not smart enough to figure out why. I'm waiting until my tax refund comes in and I can pay someone to figure it out for me. This is my last week of freedom before I have to go back to work and I will be so happy to get out of the house. Not working is great. Not working when you have no money and the weather is gray outside so that you become a pasty white doughy spotty shut-in is not so nice.

3 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 02:50:00 PM, Blogger Kieran said...

Could you provide the definitive answer:
who has the best culture - the UK or the US?

Go on, you can say.

I'm only messing. What I really want to know is have you listened to anything by Joanna Newson? I've just discovered her and want to know more.

 
At 3/21/2006 03:18:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I've never heard of Joanna Newson so I did a search and I immediately wondered if you are taking a piss. Then I listened to the snippets of her album on Amazon and I became fairly certain of it. . . then it sort of grew on me a bit so now I really don't know. . . Stuart will hate her though so I may need to buy her stuff just for torture purposes.

If you don't know her, check out Neko Case.

UK vs US. I've always been an Anglophile, so I feel fairly comfortable here. It isn't an easy answer- and I am from the West coast which as a different culture than other areas of the US.

Both have good and not so good things. For example. . .

UK Good: Apple crumble with custard

UK Bad: Washing Machine/Dyer combos that take three hours for one wash and the dryer just makes your clothes wet and hot.

US Good: 24 Hour Grocery stores where you can purchase anything your little heart desires

US Bad: No one uses or even knows about electric kettles

 
At 3/21/2006 07:00:00 PM, Blogger jen said...

Personally I think the American tumbledryer tips the balance. The first thing I do when I go back for visits is a load of laundry - just to prove you can get warm, dry, clean, wrinkle-free jeans in under 2 hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home