Friday, March 10, 2006

I can stop anytime I want

I am not a reality show person. When other people discuss what happened the night before on Big Brother or American Idol or The Apprentice I would think "Pshaw! I am better than you. I don't care about such silly things." Well, I never thought pshaw because that would be downright strange to use in a modern vernacular. And sometimes I did watch these shows because I happened to be home and they happened to be on- but I never sought them out. That has now changed. There are two reality shows that I have now searched out Masterchief and House of Tiny Tearaways. They are both Brit shows my friends in America or in other corners of the world so you cannot also be sucked into my vortex of shame. Masterchief takes four amateur chiefs, puts them through three tasks and at the end of the show three of them are voted off the island and the next person goes on to the semifinals and the finals. In the regular show the chiefs walk in to a box of random food and they have to make a nice two-course meal out of it in an hour. The second they all go to a nice restaurant during lunch, create their own dish based on the character of the restaurant and make it as it is ordered. The third task they make their own two-course meal. We’re in the semi-finals now so they are doing all sorts of crazy tasks like cook for 80 Marines in the artic circle in sub zero conditions. Oh the pressure! Oh the lovely food! I don't know how they manage to make these wonderful meals when they have no Mise en place- Cutting up their veg and preparing everything is part of the hour. House of Tiny Teraways is a clinical psychologist bringing three families into a house with more cameras than a London street and coaches them to turn their children around from being shrieking monsters to good little boys and girls. What I love about this show is every time the parents walk in saying my child needs to be fixed when what needs to be changed is the parent’s behavior and that the child is reacting to what the parent is doing. Odd show for someone who has no intention for having any children to watch I know, but I find it really fascinating, But I must go. Masterchief will be on soon. . . (I promise dear reader that when my job starts (when I get a life) I will be much more interesting and less shallow. Okay, maybe I won't be less shallow but I will try for the interesting.

5 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

Well, Miss Priss I am sorry you have been dragged down with us commoners.

Say aren't you from Cleveland?

:P

 
At 3/10/2006 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

LOL

Actually Reno darling.

Or was it Inglewood, Detroit or Spokane?

Stuart help?

Where is it you have decided I am from?

 
At 3/11/2006 01:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, I don't feel so bad about my American Idol posts now. lol

jolie

 
At 3/11/2006 10:17:00 PM, Blogger jen said...

Oh I LOVE Master Chef! So upset that Becky got kicked off instead of the smug arsehole Peter. Now I just want Dean to win.

Think we should start a pool? ;)

 
At 3/11/2006 11:09:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I know! I loved how the critics called his food pretentious. For me, his being so late with his food which messed up every one elses timing should have been enough to kick him out. Panic is his middle name.

I like Daksha- but she isn't a team player and I can't imagine her doing well in the environment of a proffesional kitchen. My money is on Dean too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home