Thursday, April 27, 2006

First London Concert

Jen (Preston) dragged me to my first concert in London tonight. . .Wolfmother. They are a mix of Led Zeppelin meets the Doors meets AC/DC meets White Stripes meets. . . I don't know what - but it Wolfmother. They are a lot of fun. Although I was rather frightened by the liberal use of the devils horns symbol from the masses. If they had yanked out a lighter at a slow song, I wouldn't have been surprised. So my evening was: Drinks Vietnamese food Venue drinks Concert Drinks Tube with people all more tipsy than we were. (We were rather concerned about one Bankerish fellow listening to his iPod that he would tune out and miss his stop but he pulled it together. He was wearing a black suit jacket, purple tie with pink swiggles and a pink gingham shirt. I have to say that I respect the London Mans ability to wear pink. I think it suits them. For whatever homophobic reason, you don't see men wear pink in the Western states of the US.) Kebab Water Blogging. Bed. Life is good. So what I got audited. I only owe a little less than 2K. I'm on a payment plan. . . It's all good dude. Rock on. * *Please forgive my use of the phrase "rock on" as well as the word "dude". It was brought on by retro head banging music and two double vodkas on the rocks with a twist. I promise it won't happen again.

3 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 02:15:00 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

Ahhh the drunk Kebab. God love the drunk food.

Here it's an Italian sausage with peppers and onions. And in sausage I mean actual sausage not a euphemistic one.

 
At 4/27/2006 03:23:00 PM, Blogger Preston said...

Just to complete your rock experience, I am very pleased to report that lighters were indeed lit at the start of one song!!!!!

 
At 2/27/2013 11:51:00 AM, Anonymous wedding venue in chicago said...

I like this website it’s a master piece! Glad I noticed this on google, really impressed with this site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home