Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Follow-through

Work. Brainstorming session. What are the things that we consider to be part of providing stellar customer service? I say, "Follow-through." Everyone titters. I feel like a deer in headlights. That terrible, I said something funny, but didn't mean to say something funny, what did I say that was so funny feeling. My boss says, Well, I know what you mean. Why don't you tell them what you mean." I define follow-through adding, "I don't understand why that was funny." Boss says, "Let's wait until tomorrow when we have had a couple of drinks." While I have been unable to find anything online that provides a slang definition of follow-through, based on their reaction, my boss’s reluctance to define the word and the British compulsion to be a bit naughty, I infer the word to mean something with sex. Defining follow-through through that prism, I can imagine a few colorful new Oxford English Dictionary entries. Note to self. Do not say follow-through ever again.

5 Comments:

At 4/05/2006 10:02:00 PM, Blogger neil h said...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=follow+through

Hope that helps ... :-)

 
At 4/05/2006 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

LOL

Thank you.

I forgot about the British love of trumping and poo jokes.

 
At 4/05/2006 11:36:00 PM, Blogger andrea said...

Hi Nicole! I found your blog through expat blogs, I too am moving to London to be with the boy I fell in love with, who I am marrying in January, and I will be getting my masters while I am there, since I can't work! I love your blog, reading about your experiences. I have two months till I go, I can't wait!

 
At 4/06/2006 06:45:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Andrea-

Congrats! If you have any questions about the visa or anything, feel free to ask.

 
At 4/06/2006 09:18:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Oh lord. We just call that sharting. Of course, my husband and I are the only ones in Greece who use that term, but it works for us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home