Sunday, April 16, 2006

I grow old ... I grow old...

I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled. I whinged about my knees a few weeks ago. Cliff notes: They snap. They crackle. They pop. My knees are Rice Krispies. Except different. I am slowly making my way down the stairs in the dark to go to the loo. I'm reading the stairs with my feet looking for the Braille signs for the landing while I clutch the banister like an old woman. I miss a step. I fall back on my ass to the sound of snap, crackle, pop and pain. A good bit of pain. I'm rather glad that Preston didn't open the door of her room to see me spread out on the stairs, my dressing gown all kerfuffled. In a word. Pretty? Not so much. I'm adding swimming to the list of things I need to start doing. I suppose if they get really bad, I could just have my legs amputated at the knee, but I am short enough as it is.

2 Comments:

At 4/16/2006 07:21:00 AM, Blogger neil h said...

I take Cod Liver oil capsules for my joints, and they seem to do the trick. My knees were dreadfully creaky two years ago but I'm fit enough to do rapier fencing now.

 
At 4/16/2006 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks- I think I will start taking some today

 

Post a Comment

<< Home