Saturday, April 08, 2006

The X-Files

I didn't get into The X-Files when it first came on. I imagined that it was for people that ate a lot of paste in Elementary School. I thought the same thing about Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Both shows, a couple of seasons in, I became a huge fan. Buffy, I watched to the end and I went back and caught episodes from the first three seasons. I still think it was one of the best shows out there, deftly mixing comedy and the horror genre. The Body, Once More with Feeling and Hush are masterpieces as far as I am concerned. I stopped watching The X-Files a few years before the finale and I never went back and watched the early episodes like I had with The Buffster. The main flaw that with the show was I don't think Chris Carter ever knew what the big truth was for the “The Is Out There” so it ultimately became a big, make it up as you go along. That being said, this last week we have been watching the first season on DVD and I can really see how people got hooked. It’s really fantastic. It's also a big hoot to see the early 90's fashion.

2 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Marty said...

If you saw the finale, you learned what the truth was, according to Mulder. But of course, the whole point of the show was that The Truth is always out there...
I miss X Files.

 
At 4/11/2006 08:22:00 PM, Blogger melusina said...

I wasn't addicted to the X-Files *right* away but I settled in soon enough because of my megaultra crush on David Duchovney.
We now own all 9 seasons on DVD, although the last season is not that good.

I never was able to get into Buffy, I never really watched it though. I spent too much time being stuck up because the movie was the ONLY Buffy there was.

My husband and I are watching the first season of Miami vice, so we are tripping on 80's fashion, along with all the wicker furniture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home